Our 5.10 Days Of May event is here! We’re giving away over $1,000 in prizes, and you’ll have 10 unique ways to enter for a chance to win. Below are instructions for entering each day’s contest; check back each day for updates on how to win a pair of Five Ten shoes!
- Day 1 (Sunday, May 1): Head on over to this post on Rock/Creek’s Facebook discussion board, and tell us about your first climbing trip. How did you get into the sport? Advice to beginners?
- Day 2 (Monday, May 2): Follow @rockcreekdeals on Twitter and re-tweet this post.
- Day 3 (Tuesday, May 3): Write a review of your favorite Five Ten product and enter your e-mail address to become a “verified reviewer.” One reviewer will win a pair of shoes, and all verified reviewers will also be entered in our ongoing $1,000 giveaway.
- Day 4 (Wednesday, May 4): “Like” Wild Trails on Facebook for today’s chance to win a pair of Five Ten shoes. Wild Trails is our 501(3)(c) non-profit focused on the expansion, protection and use of trails for all users. Funded in part by funds raised during the Triple Crown of Bouldering, this group is helping to secure climbing access in the Chattanooga area.
- Day 5 (Thursday, May 5): Post a photo on our Facebook wall that shares a “Five Ten story.” Maybe it’s the summit of your best climb to-date, or maybe it’s your dog wandering off with your climbing shoes… it’s up to you to tell us what that story is. If you don’t have Facebook, email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post it for you.
- Day 6 (Friday, May 6): Tell us about your favorite climbing route or bouldering problem in a comment below this blog post. Was it your proudest send, or just the perfect day in a special place? A project or problem you’d been working on for a long time and finally conquered? What made it your favorite?
- Day 7 (Saturday, May 7): To enter today’s contest, “Like” the Triple Crown Bouldering Series on Facebook. This series of bouldering events, at three of the Southeast’s premier boulder fields, raises money for the Southeastern Climbers’ Coalition and the Carolina Climbers’ Coalition. Both groups have been instrumental in the acquisition of land for the climbing community.
- Day 8 (Sunday, May 8): Post about your most memorable climbing-related road trip in this post on our Facebook discussion forum. What went right (or wrong) to make the journey so memorable?
- Day 9 (Monday, May 9): “Like” any Five Ten shoe on rockcreek.com, then post on our Facebook wall with a link to the product you liked. Let’s see which Five Tens get the most love!
- Day 10 (Tuesday, May 10): Comment on this Facebook post and tell us your dream climbing trip or destination. Where would you most like to go, and what would you do when you got there?
Entrants have until May 10th to enter each of the contests, at which point we’ll select and announce the winners. Want to receive the daily instructions directly via email? Follow these instructions to sign up on our website with Five Ten as one of your interests.
Meanwhile, go shop Five Ten and pick out the shoes you’d choose if you win. We have most shoes on sale 10-30% off during the 5.10 Days of May: http://www.rockcreek.com/five-ten.rc